CCNA 4 Final Exam
LCP sets up the PPP connection and its parameters. NCP terminates the PPP connection.
LCP sets up the PPP connection and its parameters. NCP handles higher layer protocol configurations.
LCP includes the link-establishment phase. NCP includes link-maintenance and link-termination phases.
LCP negotiates options for multiple network layer protocols. NCP agrees automatically on encapsulation formats.
Refer to the exhibit. EIGRP has been configured on routers R1 and R2. Connectivity across the Frame Relay switch between routers R1 and R2 is successfully verified using the ping command. However, no EIGRP routes are appearing in the routing table. What could be a cause for this failure?
The Frame Relay switch has failed.
The frame-relay map statement is incorrect.
The S0/0/0 interface of router R1 is administratively down.
The S0/0/0 interface of router R2 has an incorrect IP address.
Refer to the exhibit. Results of the show vlan and show vtp status commands for switches S1 and S2 are displayed in the exhibit. VLAN 11 was created on S1. Why is VLAN 11 missing from S2?
There is a Layer 2 loop.
The VTP domain names do not match.
Only one switch can be in server mode.
S2 has a higher spanning-tree priority for VLAN 11 than S1 does.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is considering updating the IOS on Router1. What version of IOS is currently installed on Router1?
Refer to the exhibit. What is placed in the address field in the header of a frame that will travel from the San Jose router to the DC router?
6. A company is looking for a WAN solution to connect its headquarters site to four remote sites. What are two advantages that dedicated leased lines provide compared to a shared Frame Relay solution? (Choose two.)
the ability to burst above guaranteed bandwidth
the ability to borrow unused bandwidth from the leased lines of other customers
Refer to the exhibit. Partial results of the show access-lists and show ip interface FastEthernet 0/1 commands for router Router1 are shown. There are no other ACLs in effect. Host A is unable to telnet to host B. Which action will correct the problem but still restrict other traffic between the two networks?
Apply the ACL in the inbound direction.
Apply the ACL on the FastEthernet 0/0 interface.
Reverse the order of the TCP protocol statements in the ACL.
Modify the second entry in the list to permit tcp host 172.16.10.10 any eq telnet .
8. Which combination of authentication and Layer 2 protocol should be used to establish a link between a Cisco and a non-Cisco router without sending authentication information in plain text?
CHAP and HDLC
CHAP and PPP
PAP and HDLC
PAP and PPP
9. Which statement is true about wildcard masks?
A wildcard mask must be created by inverting the subnet mask.
A wildcard mask performs the same function as a subnet mask.
A wildcard mask of 0.0.0.0 means the address should match exactly.
A wildcard mask uses a "1" to identify IP address bits that must be checked.
Refer to the exhibit. ACL 120 is configured to allow traffic coming from 192.168.10.0/24 network to go to any destination limited to ports 80 and 443. ACL 130 should allow only requested HTTP traffic to flow back into the network. What additional configuration is needed in order for the access lists to fulfill the requirements?
Refer to the exhibit. Communication between two peers has failed. Based on the output that is shown, what is the most likely cause?
improper LMI type
PPP negotiation failure
Refer to the exhibit. Which statement about the configuration is true?
10.10.10.1 is most likely assigned to the local LAN interface.
10.10.10.1 through 10.10.10.255 is available to be assigned to users.
All DHCP clients looking for an IP address will use 10.10.10.1 and 10.10.10.2.
All DHCP clients in the 10.10.10.0/24 network will use 10.10.10.2 as the default gateway.
13. Which statement is true about an interface that is configured with the IPv6 address command?
IPv6 traffic-forwarding is enabled on the interface.
A link-local IPv6 address is automatically configured on the interface.
A global unicast IPv6 address is dynamically configured the interface.
Any IPv4 addresses that are assigned to the interface are replaced with an IPv6 address.
Refer to the exhibit. Which data transmission technology is being represented?
15. Which statement is true about PAP in the authentication of a PPP session?
PAP uses a two-way handshake.
The password is unique and random.
PAP conducts periodic password challenges.
PAP uses MD5 hashing to keep the password secure.
16. What can a network administrator do to recover from a lost router password?
use the copy tftp: flash: command
boot the router to bootROM mode and enter the b command to load the IOS manually
telnet from another router and issue the show running-config command to view the password
boot the router to ROM monitor mode and configure the router to ignore the startup configuration when it initializes
17. A system administrator must provide Internet connectivity for ten hosts in a small remote office. The ISP has assigned two public IP addresses to this remote office. How can the system administrator configure the router to provide Internet access to all ten users at the same time?
Configure static NAT.
Configure dynamic NAT.
Configure static NAT with overload.
Configure dynamic NAT with overload.
18. Which statement is true about the PPP authentication phase?
CHAP uses a 2-way handshake to exchange the credentials.
PAP can perform continuous authentication after a link is established.
CHAP sends an encrypted username and password during the authentication process.
The authentication phase takes place before the NCP configuration phase begins.
Refer to the exhibit. A network administrator is configuring Frame Relay on router HQ. It is desired that each Frame Relay PVC between the routers be in a separate subnet. Which two commands on HQ will accomplish this task for the connection to R1? (Choose two.)
HQ(config)# interface S0/0/0
HQ(config)# interface S0/0/0.1 multipoint
HQ(config)# interface S0/0/0.1 point-to-point
HQ(config-subif)# frame-relay interface dlci 103
HQ(config-subif)# frame-relay interface dlci 301
HQ(config-if)# frame-relay map ip 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.0 301 broadcast
20. Which wildcard mask would specify all IP addresses from 192.168.8.0 through 192.168.15.255?
Refer to the exhibit. WestSW is supposed to send VLAN information to EastSW, but that did not occur. What will force WestSW to send a VLAN update to EastSW?
Change EastSW to be a VTP server.
Reload both WestSW and EastSW at the same time.
Erase the VLAN database on EastSW and reload the switch.
Reset the configuration revision number on EastSW to zero.
22. Which additional functionality is available on an interface when the encapsulation is changed from HDLC to PPP?
23. Which three guidelines would help contribute to creating a strong password policy? (Choose three.)
Once a good password is created, do not change it.
Deliberately misspell words when creating passwords.
Create passwords that are at least 8 characters in length.
Use combinations of upper case, lower case, and special characters.
Write passwords in locations that can be easily retrieved to avoid being locked out.
Use long words found in the dictionary to make passwords that are easy to remember.
24. Which three physical network problems should be checked when a bottom-up troubleshooting approach has been chosen to troubleshoot network performance? (Choose three.)
high collision counts
STP failures and loops
address mapping errors
high CPU utilization rates
excess packets that are filtered by the firewall
25. A network administrator has changed the VLAN configurations on his network switches over the past weekend. How can the administrator determine if the additions and changes improved performance and availability on the company intranet?
Conduct a performance test and compare with the baseline that was established previously.
Interview departmental secretaries and determine if they think load time for web pages has improved.
Determine performance on the intranet by monitoring load times of company web pages from remote sites.
Compare the hit counts on the company web server for the current week to the values that were recorded in previous weeks.
Refer to the exhibit. Users who are connected to R1 report that they are unable to establish connectivity to the users who are connected to router R2. A network administrator tests the link with the debug ppp authentication command. Based on the output shown, which statement correctly defines the problem on the link?
R1 uses PAP as a method of authentication, and R2 uses CHAP.
R1 uses CHAP as a method of authentication, and R2 uses PAP.
R1 uses an incorrect user name or password for CHAP authentication.
R2 uses an incorrect user name or password for PAP authentication.
Refer to the exhibit. All devices are configured as shown in the exhibit. PC1 is unable to ping the default gateway. What is the cause of the problem?
The default gateway is in the wrong subnet.
STP has blocked the port that PC1 is connected to.
Port Fa0/2 on S2 is assigned to the wrong VLAN.
S2 has the wrong IP address assigned to the VLAN30 interface.
28. What is the result when the command permit tcp 192.168.4.0 0.0.3.255 any eq telnet is entered in an access control list and applied on the inbound interface of a router?
All traffic that originates from 192.168.4.0/24 is permitted.
All TCP traffic is permitted, and all other traffic is denied.
All Telnet traffic from the 192.168.0.0/16 network is permitted.
All traffic from the 192.168.4.0/22 network is permitted on TCP port 23.
Refer to the exhibit. Router RT is not receiving routing updates from router RTA. What is causing the problem?
The ip rip authentication key-chain command specifies exam rather than test.
The name of the keystring is not the name of the neighboring router.
The key chains are given the same name on both routers.
The passive-interface command was issued for RTA.
30. An administrator is configuring a dual stack router with IPv6 and IPv4 using RIPng. The administrator receives an error message when trying to enter the IPv4 routes into RIPng. What is the cause of the problem?
When IPv4 and IPv6 are configured on the same interface, all IPv4 addresses are over-written in favor of the newer technology.
Incorrect IPv4 addresses are entered on the router interfaces.
RIPng is incompatible with dual-stack technology.
IPv4 is incompatible with RIPng.
31. Which encapsulation protocol when deployed on a Cisco router over a serial interface is only compatible with another Cisco router?
Refer to the exhibit. The corporate network that is shown has been assigned network 172.16.128.0/19 for use at branch office LANs. If VLSM is used, what mask should be used for addressing hosts at Branch4 with minimal waste from unused addresses?
33. A technician has been asked to run Cisco SDM one-step lockdown on the router of a customer. What will be the result of this process?
Traffic is only forwarded from SDM-trusted Cisco routers.
Security testing is performed and the results are saved as a text file stored in NVRAM.
The router is tested for potential security problems and any necessary changes are made.
All traffic entering the router is quarantined and checked for viruses before being forwarded.
34. What translation method will allow a server to always keep the same public address?
static NAT with overload
dynamic NAT with overload
35. A network administrator is tasked with maintaining two remote locations in the same city. Both locations use the same service provider and have the same service plan for DSL service. When comparing download rates, it is noticed that the location on the East side of town has a faster download rate than the location on the West side of town. How can this be explained?
The West side has a high volume of POTS traffic.
The West side of town is downloading larger packets.
The service provider is closer to the location on the East side.
More clients share a connection to the DSLAM on the West side.
36. A light manufacturing company wishes to replace its DSL service with a non-line-of-sight broadband wireless solution that offers comparable speeds. Which solution should the customer choose?
Refer to the exhibit. Company ABC expanded its business and recently opened a new branch office in another country. IPv6 addresses have been used for the company network. The data servers Server1 and Server2 run applications which require end-to-end functionality, with unmodified packets that are forwarded from the source to the destination. The edge routers R1 and R2 support dual stack configuration. What solution should be deployed at the edge of the company network in order to successfully interconnect both offices?
a new WAN service supporting only IPv6
NAT overload to map inside IPv6 addresses to outside IPv4 address
a manually configured IPv6 tunnel between the edge routers R1 and R2
static NAT to map inside IPv6 addresses of the servers to an outside IPv4 address and dynamic NAT for the rest of the inside IPv6 addresses
Refer to the exhibit. Which statement correctly describes how Router1 processes an FTP request packet that enters interface S0/0/0, and is destined for an FTP server at IP address 172.16.1.5?
The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that is created by access-list 201 permit ip any any command and allows the packet into the router.
The router reaches the end of ACL 101 without matching a condition and drops the packet because there is no statement that was created by access-list 101 permit ip any any command.
The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that was created by the access-list 101 permit ip any 172.16.1.0 0.0.0.255 command, ignores the remaining statements in ACL 101, and allows the packet into the router.
The router matches the incoming packet to the statement that was created by the access-list 201 deny icmp 172.16.1.0 0.0.0.255 any command, continues comparing the packet to the remaining statements in ACL 201 to ensure that no subsequent statements allow FTP, and then the router drops the packet.
39. Which characteristic of VPN technology prevents the contents of data communications from being read by unauthorized parties?
40. Which technology is used to dynamically map next hop, network layer addresses to virtual circuits in a Frame Relay network?
Refer to the exhibit. A technician is teaching a trainee to interpret the results of various Frame Relay troubleshooting commands. What conclusion can be drawn from the output that is shown?
Neighboring routers should use DLCI 177 to reach the Branch router.
DLCI 177 will be used to identify all broadcasts that are sent out the Branch router.
The Branch router has the address 192.168.3.1 configured for the S0/0/0 interface.
To reach 192.168.3.1, the Branch router will use the virtual circuit that is identified by DLCI 177.
42. Where does a service provider assume responsibility from a customer for a WAN connection?
DTE cable on router
43. A company has its headquarters office in Dallas and five branch offices located in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Seattle, and Atlanta. WAN links are used for communications among offices in six sites. In planning the WAN links, the network designer is given two requirements: (1) minimize cost and (2) provide a certain level of WAN link reliability with redundant links. Which topology should the network designer recommend?
Refer to the exhibit. A system administrator must provide connectivity to a foreign network for ten hosts in a small remote office. The commands that are listed in the exhibit were entered into the router that connects the foreign network. The users in the remote office report occasional failure to connect to resources in the foreign network. What is the likely problem?
The source addresses are not correctly designated.
The translated address pool is not correctly sized.
The access-list command is referencing the wrong addresses.
The wrong interface is designated as the source for translations.
45. An issue of response time has recently arisen on an application server. The new release of a software package has also been installed on the server. The configuration of the network has changed recently. To identify the problem, individuals from both teams responsible for the recent changes begin to investigate the source of the problem. Which statement applies to this situation?
Scheduling will be easy if the network and software teams work independently.
It will be difficult to isolate the problem if two teams are implementing changes independently.
Results from changes will be easier to reconcile and document if each team works in isolation.
Only results from the software package should be tested as the network is designed to accommodate the proposed software platform.
46. Which method is most effective in protecting the routing information that is propagated between routers on the network?
Disable IP source routing.
Configure passive interfaces.
Configure routing protocol authentication.
Secure administrative lines with Secure Shell.
Refer to the exhibit. What happens if the network administrator issues the commands shown when an ACL called Managers already exists on the router?
The commands overwrite the existing Managers ACL.
The commands are added at the end of the existing Managers ACL.
The network administrator receives an error stating that the ACL already exists.
The commands will create a duplicate Managers ACL containing only the new commands being entered.
48. Which statement accurately describes a role that is played in establishing a WAN connection?
ISDN and ATM are circuit-switched technologies that are used to establish on demand a path through the service provider network.
Data link layer protocols like PPP and HDLC define how data is encapsulated for transmission across a WAN link.
A packet-switching network establishes a dedicated circuit between nodes for the duration of the communication session.
Frame Relay switches are normally considered to be customer premises equipment (CPE) and are maintained by local administrators.
49. What are two main components of data confidentiality? (Choose two.)
50. When NAT is in use, what is used to determine the addresses that can be translated on a Cisco router?
access control list
Refer to the exhibit. Branch A has a non-Cisco router that is using IETF encapsulation and Branch B has a Cisco router. After the commands that are shown are entered, R1 and R2 fail to establish the PVC. The R2 LMI is Cisco, and the R1 LMI is ANSI. The LMI is successfully established at both locations. Why is the PVC failing?
The PVC to R1 must be point-to-point.
LMI types must match on each end of a PVC.
The frame relay PVCs cannot be established between Cisco and non-Cisco routers.
The IETF parameter is missing from the frame-relay map ip 10.10.10.1 201 command.
Refer to the exhibit. RIPv2 has been configured on all routers in the network. Routers R1 and R3 have not received any RIP routing updates. What will fix the issue?
Enable RIP authentication on R2.
Issue the ip directed-broadcast command on R2.
Change the subnet masks to 10.11.12.0/8 and 172.16.40.0/16 on R2.
Enable CDP on R2 so that the other routers will receive routing updates.
53. A network administrator can ping the Perth router, but gets a ‘Password Required but None Set’ message when trying to connect remotely via Telnet. Which command sequence must be applied to the Perth router to allow remote access?
Router(config)# line console 0 Router(config-line)# login Router(config-line)# password cisco
Router(config)# line vty 0 4 Router(config-line)# login Router(config-line)# password cisco
Router(config)# line virtual terminal Router(config-line)# enable login Router(config-line)# password cisco
Router(config)# line vty 0 4 Router(config-line)# enable secret Router(config-line)# password cisco
Router(config)# enable secret cisco Router(config)# enable cisco
54. A router does not load its configuration after a power failure. After running the show startup-configuration command, the administrator finds that the original configuration is intact. What is the cause of this problem?
The configuration register is set for 0×2100.
The configuration register is set for 0×2101.
The configuration register is set for 0×2102.
The configuration register is set for 0×2142. Boot system commands are not configured.
Flash memory is empty causing the router to bypass the configuration in NVRAM